- Place the Star Lite Mk II / III on a soft, protected surface to avoid any possible scratching of the anodized finish. Then proceed with removing the 10 outer short Philips screws from the backplate. (12 x screws for Lite Mk III)
2. Once the backplate is carefully removed, you are presented with the components underneath. Start off by removing the battery.
3. Remove the 4 Philips screws that hold the battery in place.
4. I/O board Removal: Lift the ribbon cable clamp to detach the ribbon cable. Then, remove the 2 Phillips screws that hold the IO Board in place. You can then lift out the I/O Board.
5. Disconnect the Display connector, Wireless and Bluetooth Antennas.
6. Disconnect the SSD from the mainboard.
7. Disconnect the following ribbon cables/connectors from the mainboard: I/O Board, Keyboard, Touchpad and Backlight.
8. Removal of the mainboard: Remove the 4 Philips screws around the edge of the mainboard.
9. Lift the mainboard out carefully and then disconnect the speaker.
10. Remove the 2 Philips screws from the speaker.
11. Remove the 4 screws in each hinge.
12. Lift the hinges up straight about 90' degrees which will leave enough space for the chassis to be separated from the display array.
13. Disassembly is now complete.
14. Reassembly is the reverse of these steps.
Note: For the Star Lite Mk III there are 8x short and 4x long chassis screws. Image shows correct location of long screws.